- 40 stories
- 1.46 million square feet
- Floorplates ranging from 32,000 – 48,000 square feet
- Optimized lease spans and column spacing for maximum planning efficiency
- 30’ column spacing and 5’ planning module
- 12’6” slab-to-slab clearance
- 9’0” finished ceiling height typical
- 7 watts per square foot for tenant lights and outlets
- Five separate feeds of power from three separate stations for redundancy
Originally constructed in 1987 on top of the historic Northwestern Station connecting the Chicago CBD to the northern and western suburbs by rail, 500 West Madison Street was the city’s first and largest full service office location with truly everything located under one roof – access to transportation, retail amenities, and Class A office space.
The building’s major 2014/2015 renovation provides tenants with all of the best-in-class services and amenities desired by today’s most discerning tenants.
Founded in 1992 by Peter Bren and Charles Schreiber, KBS Realty Advisors is an experienced owner and operator and one of the largest real estate investment firms in the United States.
KBS owns more than 200 office and industrial properties in major markets across the U.S., including numerous signature assets. KBS attributes its success to its professional team which represents the industry’s best in class for property management, asset management and market leasing.
KBS properties are known for practical designs, efficient floorplans and reliable systems. The total tenant experience is achieved with meticulous attention to detail, quick response and top level service to valued tenants. KBS purchased 500 West Madison in December 2013.